Singapore International Chamber of Commerce (SICC)
Address: 6 Raffles Quay #10-01, Singapore, 048580
Tel: +65 6500 0988
Company descriptionThe Singapore International Chamber of Commerce (SICC), established in 1837, is the oldest chamber of commerce in Asia, as well as the oldest commercial organisation in Singapore. The SICC membership is open to companies and individuals of all races and nationalities. Four of the Chamber's original members are still members of the Chamber.
Currently, over 40 nationalities are represented in the Chamber membership, which encompasses both multinational corporations with operations in Singapore and locally-owned business enterprises. Singaporean companies form the largest single national group (39%), followed by American (14%), Japanese (7%), and British (7%).
Virtually all of Singapore's GLCs are members of the Chamber, including the Development Bank of Singapore Ltd, Keppel Corporation Ltd, PSA Corporation Ltd, Singapore Power Ltd, Singapore Telecommunications Limited, Singapore Technologies Pte Limited, Singapore Airlines Ltd and Temasek Holdings (Pte) Ltd. Several of Singapore's best known family firms are also members of the Chamber, as well as a wide cross section of smaller companies, especially traders.
Products and servicesThe main functions of the Chamber are to:
• Protect and advocate the business interests of our members.
• Create stimulating opportunities for members to exchange views on issues of interest and importance to their business operations and strategy.
• Promote constant dialogue with the Singapore Government so that members’ views may be incorporated in any decision-making process.
• Build relationships with other international trade organisations.
• Participate in the formulation of legislation, trading and industrial procedures when invited by the Government.
• Nominate representatives to advisory committees and statutory bodies.
• Provide up-to-date business intelligence and information.
• Assist members in dealing with official organisations.
• Provide trade and investment advice to local and overseas visitors.