Malaysia-Norway Business Council
Address: c/o Royal Norwegian Embassy, P.O. Box 10332, 50710 Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
Tel: 0060 3 2162 1200
Company description It was formed in February/ March 1990. The main aim of the Council is to provide a forum for discussion and exchanging views on business conditions, both domestic and international, affecting Malaysian and Norwegian firms.
Broadly, the objectives of the MNBC are to:
• Promote trade, commerce, industry and investment between Malaysian and Norwegian public and private sectors, fostering for this purpose friendly relations, mutual understanding and closer economic co-operation between the two countries to contribute towards the advancement of both the Malaysian and Norwegian economy.
• Provide information and assistance to Malaysian firms seeking to do business in Norway and Norwegian firms interested in doing business in Malaysia.
• Promote with other organizations in Malaysia having objects altogether or in part similar to those of the Council with respect to the various and several constructive views of the members on the Malaysian Government's policies, regulations implemented or proposed and programs which in their opinion would directly or indirectly affect business interests.
Products and servicesServices
In furthering its objectives, MNBC carry out various activities and services for the benefit of its members. These include:
• Interacting with Norwegian and Malaysian groups of business interests and trade missions visiting both Malaysia and Norway.
• Providing a contact point where members meet and interact to exchange ideas and discuss matters of mutual interest
• Ad-hoc talks and discussions with important business leaders both from Norway and Malaysia, on maters relating to trade commerce and investment.
• Periodic dissemination of information relating to opportunities on trade, commerce and investments both in Malaysia and Norway.
• Provision of services to Malaysian members visiting Norway for purposes of business through the use of the company's contacts.