Malaysian Gas Association
Address: Etiqa Twins, Level 20, Tower 1, 11, Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +60 3 2166 4139
Company descriptionMalaysian Gas Association (MGA), established in 1986, aspires to create synergy in realizing and harnessing the potential of the gas industry by driving the increased utilization of gas through research and development initiatives, while promoting its United States of Americage domestically and internationally. With a membership hailing from more than 130 corporate organizations, MGA is committed to making meaningful contributions to the gas industry through the organizing of gas and gas-related events, seminars, conferences and also in actively participating in worldwide gas activities under the auspices of the International Gas Union (IGU)
MGA's founder members include PETRONAS, Shell, BP and Caltex and the initial Corporate Members include Malaysian LNG Sdn Bhd, PETRONAS Gas Berhad, Sabah Energy Corporation Sdn Bhd and Gas Malaysia Sdn Bhd. Over the years, the Association has charted two decades of ‘Powering Growth’ towards the promotion of the gas industry and gas utilization as a clean and efficient source of energy for economic and social development and nation building.
Products and servicesThe objectives of the Malaysian Gas Association are:
• To provide a forum in which members can discuss matters relating to gas (exploration, production, separation, gathering, transmission liquefaction, distribution, storage and utilisation).
• To serve as the focal point and channel of communication with the Government on matters of concern and interest to the industry including formulation and recommendations on policies, regulations, safety, investment incentives and related matters.
• To advance knowledge and learning, and stimulate research in the area of gas technology.
• To promote uniformity and safety of practices and standards relating to the industries.
• To collect, analyse and disseminate via periodic publications, information on gas industry activities.
• To stimulate the development of the gas industry in Malaysia.
• To enhance understanding of the general public on the role of gas as a clean and efficient energy to the nation.
• To promote friendship and cooperation among organisations and professionals involved in gas related activities.
• To actively participate in worldwide gas activities under the auspices of the International Gas Union (IGU) and Gas Exchange in the Western Pacific (GASEX) with a view to advance knowledge and research in the gas industry.